Saturday, March 18, 2006

Peru-Circus Capital of the World

With the advent of spring the old fever came back again and I have joined the Ringling show in my capacity of zoologist and chaplain. This work is a new thing, an experiment, with the Ringling Brothers, and I am here on trial only, but hope to make a success of it, as I did with Robinson and Barnum & Baily. I have now reached the height of my ambition, so far as circuses are concerned. I have always wanted to get with this menagerie, as it is the largest traveling. We opened here in the Coliseum, Thursday evening, April 5th, to a crowded house.
Wishing you and the Republican a large measure of success, I am as ever, Very Respectfully, W.H. Sheak. April 7, 1906.
The circus fever is strong in Peru, Indiana. The youth in our town are now preparing for the Greatest Amateur Show in the World.

No comments: