Friday, March 24, 2006

Peru Idol Fan

My grandkids tease me about being such an American Idol fan. I have watched Idol for five years now. Honestly, I am having a hard time picking my favorite this year.

Year one, Kelly Clarkson was my favorite early on. Kelly has since won a couple of grammys. Year two, my favorite was Clay Aiken but he was second to Ruben Studdard. Year three, I missed the last couple of weeks --Fantasia won --heard she may star in a movie about her life.
Year four, although I am selective with country, I picked Carrie Underwood to be the Idol.

I may be wrong this early, but I think Mandisa and Chris Dautry will be the final two standing. However, Elliott is getting strong and I think 17-year-old Paris Bennett is headed for a record contract. Taylor Hicks is quite the showman and I like Katherine McPhee's voice.

Idol mania has produced 20-30 million fans, me being one of them. Can't wait till next week. How about you?

No comments: