Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy 1st Day of Spring


You wouldn't know it is the first day of spring by the weather forecast today. I don't know about you, but I am ready to put my sweaters away, go dig in my garden, and soak up some sun.
Del and Bobbie Sease are working hard to have their plants ready at Seascapes. Not only are they good friends, they are also experts in the field of horticulture.
The following was written by my son Randy: Delmar Sease, my first employer, was also a very influential person in my life. I met Del through my mother because they were good friends. Del taught me many things. He instructed me how to drive a truck and tractor. This was the first driving experience I ever had. Del owns a series of greenhouses located near the Mississenewa reservoir. I helped to construct many of the greenhouses. Del was always understanding. One day I was working on a greenhouse, having to stand on the flimsy roof. As I moved up further on the roof it caved in. Del did not become angry as I thought he would, but helped me out and checked to see if I was all right. Anytime I did my work incorrectly Del would show me the proper way to do it. He never lost his cool when I fouled up. Del showed me the proper way to use many tools that I had never used before. I owe a lot to Delmar Sease.(March 13,1978)
Anytime you want expert advice-ask Del. He believes in customer service. Happy Planting!!

No comments: