Friday, June 02, 2006

Cole Porter Summerfest


Next week the Cole Porter Summerfest will be in full swing. There will be something for everyone. The festival celebrates the music and life of Peru native--Cole Porter.
Cole was born in Peru, Indiana June 9, 1891 and Died October 15, 1964.
It's amazing to me that Cole's music has survived all these years. That tells me what a brilliant songwriter he was.
Several movies have his songs:" De-Lovely" which was shown on the big screen in 2004 contained Begin the Beguine, I Get a Kick Out of You, In the Still of Night, It's De-Lovely, Just One of Those Things, Let's Do It, Let's Fall in Love, Let's Misbehave, Love for Sale, Night and Day, and True Love.
"What Women Want"-2000-I've Got you Under My Skin and Night and Day
"There's Something About Mary"-1998-I've Got You Under My Skin
"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"-1984-Anything Goes
"Blazing Saddles"-1974-I Get a Kick Out of You
"The Snows of Kilimanjaro"-1952-You Do Something to Me, Just One of Those Things

No comments: